The steps involved in moving Magento from another host to M.D.G. IT are:
- Duplicate the site to our servers for testing.
- Reduce DNS TTL values at the current DNS host
Once the duplicate site tests ok,
- The current site is put into maintenance, transfer the live database, update DNS records to direct traffic to the new server
- Update the domain NS at the registrar to point to our NS (both NS will have identical records at this stage)
- Transfer email if required.
If you would like us to manage this process for you, please open a a support ticket with:
- the login details for your current web host
- the login details for your domain registrar